Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow of IranWritten by Jade in 21 September 19
How successful have the efforts been in raising public awareness and knowledge of the realities in Iran? What mistakes, if any, have been made towards the establishment of democracy and equality in Iran
PROPOSED CONFERENCE PROGRAM
40 Years after the Revolution
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow of Iran
Submission of Abstracts:
ACI would like to announce a conference under the above title. The conference will address the increasing problems facing the today and tomorrow of Iran.
Relying on the knowledge and expertise of the scholars and experts participating in this major conference, our main aim is to offer a considered exit strategy from the present day problems and look to a better future for Iran. We hope that the findings of ACI’s public opinion surveys can offer a valuable starting point to the discussions.
This conference will be livestreamed through ACI’s website and broadcast simultaneously through several satellite television stations.
In view of the particular structure of the conference, each panel and specific topics of discussion will be steered by an expert in the field. They will be introduced in due course.
Part One: An Assessment of Efforts, Failures and Successes of Yesterday
Forty years after the Revolution, through the hard work of numerous groups, organisations and parties, the true nature of the Islamic Regime has been exposed to the people of Iran, the international communities and decision makers.
- How successful have the efforts been in raising public awareness and knowledge of the realities in Iran?
- What mistakes, if any, have been made towards the establishment of democracy and equality in Iran
Part Two: An Assessment of Where We Are Today
For the sake of discussions, in this part, the period of assessment is from the June 2009 Presidential Elections in Iran to present day:
What are our strengths and weaknesses? How can we identify the plus and minuses of the struggle towards democracy in this period – taking note of the fact that failure to correctly identify them could lead to dire consequences.
- An assessment of issues and problems of today
- Transition to democracy: challenges, duties, responsibilities and practical solutions
- Study different options for a way forward
- Does the popular movement in Iran need leadership?
- Does the popular movement in Iran need international support? If yes what should the nature of this support be?
Part Three: Projects, Suggestions and Plans for the Tomorrow of Iran
One of the complexities and problems facing the future of Iran, despite the high calibre of expertise among Iranians in and out of Iran, is the lack of a cohesive program or plan for the future of Iran. This is in no doubt as a result extensive economic and socio-political problems leading to a detrimental loss of ‘trust’ among the Iranian people. Yet, without at least a minimum plan the first steps towards change cannot be taken.
It is exactly here that Association des Chercheurs Iraniens has tried to concentrate its efforts in the past by inviting scholars and experts to participate in international gatherings and offering the findings for all to see with the hope that a way forward could be formulated. To this end Part Three of this conference proposes to address the following issues:
- Values and ethics in the today and tomorrow of Iran
- National Identity
- Language – mother tongue, national language, communal language
- Religion in the future of Iran
- The role of the Arts, music, artists, musicians and the needs of the society
- Preservation of Iran’s national and cultural heritage – historical sites and buildings
- Eradication of Violence. The most fundamental and destructive element in the reality of today’s Iran
- Universal Human Rights. Practical ways forward
- how to compensate the victims of abuse under the Islamic Republic
- International Criminal Court and the fate of the leaders of the Islamic Republic:
- Assessing the legal status of the children and how best to secure their rights
- Planning for the future of Iran’s youths – the pillars of tomorrows Iran;
- Equality and women’s rights – the crucial and equal role of Iranian women in sustainable development and progress of tomorrow’s Iran;
- Assessing the legal status of the LGBT and how best to secure their rights
- Social Pathology. Practical solutions
- Assessment of the role and position of Iranian immigrants and refugees in the future of Iran
- Educational and Developmental system in tomorrow’s Iran – equal and equitable access for all Iranians
- Sports in the future of Iran
- Healthcare with a look at medical ethics
- The role of the media – duties and responsibilities
- Environmental Issues
- A solution and a way out of today’s problems
- Unemployment and job creation
- Iran’s Oil and Gas reserve and the way forward
- non-oil-dependent economy
- Mines, natural resources and Industry
- Tourism Industry
- Nuclear Energy
- Sustainable Development
- Military – Security
- Atomic warfare, nuclear proliferation, disarmament
- Restructuring of Iran’s intelligence and armed forces
- Our experiences and the best form of government for the future of Iran
- Detailed attention to the existing problems and needs of Iran’s ethnic groups and their role in the political future of Iran
- Iran’s regional and international strategic position
- ‘Parliament of Minds’
- Overcoming the obstacles in the way of a sitting with each other and planning for the future of Iran
- Findings and Conclusion